Sunday, June 6, 2010

England: Visit to an Art Store

When we were given a 'free' afternoon I thought it would be a great opportunity to search out an art store that I had found in GoogleMaps on the internet. It was going to be a treasure hunt of sorts. I used the nearest Underground station at Tottenham Court Road to get to L. Cornelissen & Son art store. It was easy to spot - the Hunter Green signature store front. Once inside I felt like a kid in a candy store - there were so many tempting art supplies! I was especially taken with the nice leather sketchbooks that they had. So many wonderful supplies..... so little money.... so little time....

P.S. This is another imaginary adventure from my Imaginary Trip to England. 

8 comments:

Becky Shander said...

What a fun idea to let your imagination take you to such interesting adventures. This way of seeing/experiencing life is VERY special.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

An art store visit was the perfect choice for your free afternoon! It's so hard to resist those tempting journals/sketchbooks...

Teresa said...

This is a lovely painting, Claire! I think England agrees with you... you'll have to plan a return visit after you get home! :-)

Mary Paquet said...

Claire, at the moment I can't view all your images and I so wanted to see your various EDM challenges. I am delighted to see your dedication to your art. I know it brings you great pleasure.

I am leaving soon for Scandinavia. Will check in upon return.

Joanne said...

When I first started reading your post, I thought you really had been to England! What a wonderful idea, and great way to travel, opening your imagination and possibilities to the journey!

K said...

Wonderful sketch! I hope on your imaginary visit that you bought some great art supplies at that store at an incredible discount!

Margaret said...

love it! I actually believed you were in England for a moment. I did "pop" into an art store in Charleston, SC and got lost for an hour or so. I can so imagine myself searching out a shop in England as well!

Mary said...

I found this art shop quite by accident on a recent day trip to London. What a place! There was a display of calligraphy quills in the window and the apothecary style interior made me think I'd stumbled into a Harry Potter film set. My credit card took a pounding that day!