Sunday, November 7, 2010

One more hour ....

It started with the smell of fresh brewed coffee.... I took it as an invitation to take a break and 'smell the coffee'.

Fresh coffee ... well that sounded like the perfect reason to take out some home baked biscotti and gingerbread "Mini-Cooper" cutout cookies that recently arrived from my oldest son. So, I sat down with with a fresh cup of coffee in my neat Cool Moose coffee mug, with my new Cooking Light magazine and decided to just take a break.

I felt the fresh air from outside as the kitchen window was open, and I could hear the rain falling gently on the patio cover outside the window. A candle glimmered on the table providing a warm glow, and the smell of apples cooking on the stove for applesauce filled the air with sweetness.  

Ah.... a priceless 'extra hour'. Life is good!

How did you spend your extra hour today?

Reference photo:

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great journal page!
I used my extra hour to take a nap.

Laure Ferlita said...

Such a delightful post and sketch, Claire! I could almost feel some of the hustle and bustle fade away.

My extra hour was spent in the studio creating a new sketchbook. We're still enjoying cooler weather here and spent some time outside as well.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Claire, what a lovely moment in time you've captured. I relaxed just reading about it and looking at the painting and the reference photo. This is exactly the sort of thing I would like to do in my own illustrated journal--include the quiet, everyday pleasures along with the more stimulating adventures.

Catherine said...

What a great post, Claire. You painted AND wrote a beautiful picture.

Jacqueline said...

I really didn't get my extra hour until I got home from the Virgin Islands as they don't have daylight savings. What a lovely idea to journal about! I love your journal page. Too bad we don't get an extra hour every week.

Timaree said...

I am in Arizona and our time doesn't change. Still, I enjoyed my morning hour of quiet (before my husband got up) of watching the night change to day while sipping on coffee.

Very nice painting and perfect journal post.

lori vliegen said...

it sounds like you put your extra hour to perfect use! i can't think of a better way to spend time than by doing what you truly love!! i love the way you journal.....they're all sweet little art pieces in themselves! hope you have a great weekend! xox, :))

K said...

Lovely post, Claire! I spent the extra hour cleaning out my art studio and it felt great! Now I just need to have more time to be able to create in it!

Teresa said...

Wonderful! Love it, love it!!!