Sunday, December 11, 2011

My home away from home in New Orleans

This is the second 2-page spread in my NOLA journal - pages 4 and 5. I loved the Place d'Armes Hotel and I felt right at home in my room. I loved the quaintness, homey feel, and even the quirkiness of the hotel - and my room was an obvious choice to capture in my journal. It was GREAT that we were living right in the French Quarter - it really made me feel that we were 'living' the adventure - rather than commuting in to be a 'visitor' (or 'observer') to the French Quarter each day.

8 comments:

Cheryl Gebhart said...

I loved the hotel too, and this is a great spread. Wish I'd thought to capture my room.

Laure Ferlita said...

I'm sure you also had to hear the bells ringing! They must have been loud being that close. Love the soft colors of your room.

Teri said...

Beautiful job on this lovely room.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Your room looks charming, and I love your addition of "Good Morning, New Orleans" on the page with the view. I would go back to the Place d'Armes and recommend it to others, too. I took a picture of my room, but haven't sketched it...maybe I will.

Joanne said...

What a beautiful, peaceful sight to look out on each morning ... Very inspiring!

Elva Paulson said...

Oh my! Your beautiful page spread makes me want to go stay in the French quarter.

aimee said...

i love your travel sketches!

ArtbyBernadette said...

Oh Claire, what a wonderful adventure! These are great sketches!