Saturday, March 1, 2014

Ah so ...... ah shucks!


Friday night .... after a long week at work, I was looking forward to a relaxing evening at home with a great glass of wine. I ventured into my stash for a bottle to open, and picked out a bottle of Petite Sirah. Just as I started to open it with my trusty "Ah so" wine opener there was a surprise snap!  One of the prongs of the cork puller snapped off, leaving both the cork and cork puller still in the bottle. Dang! Frustrated and disappointed, I handed the bottle to my son and he calmly got out the old-fashioned screw-cork-puller. It did the job, but I prefer my "Ah so" and I'll miss it! I guess nothing lasts forever!!

What is your favorite type of wine opener? and have any of your favorite tools bit the dust lately?

2 comments:

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Hey Claire, nice sketch. Glad your son was able to open the bottle for you, otherwise it might have been more than ah shucks! LOL!! We use a lever-type opener with a corkscrew that is really easy to use. I don't even drink wine, but I am usually the one to open any wine bottles.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Oh, dear. At least you were able to save the wine!

We also use a lever opener--makes getting the cork out super easy. (We tend to break pizza cutters, of all things. We do eat pizza a lot, and maybe we are a bit too enthusiastic with the cutting!)