Thursday, June 4, 2009

Memories of Point Cabrillo Lighthouse


My sketching has become less frequent than it was at the beginning of the year, and I really miss it. But, sometimes other things get in the way and I am grateful for the time that I can find to work with my art supplies. I painted this page last month when I was really missing working in my sketchbook. Sometimes I get stumped about what to draw and paint.

I eventually settled on a small ceramic lighthouse that was a souvenir from a trip along the coast in Northern California. I had a fun evening sketching the lighthouse figurine, and it brought back fun memories of my visits to the lighthouse. I remember visiting the Point Cabrillo lighthouse at least two times with my family. On one visit we were joined by my parents, and the other visit we were joined by my college roommate and her family. I treasure my memories of both adventures.

2 comments:

K said...

Claire, I love how you capture a subject with just a few simple lines!

Claire M said...

Thanks!!