Saturday, October 24, 2009

Imaginary trip to Paris: My visit with Pan


<<< from my adventures in Laure Ferlita's An Imaginary Trip to Paris class >>>


It was a lovely Fall day in Luxembourg Gardens. I wandered over to see the statue of Pan that I had heard so much about. I was happy to find a bench that I could sit on for a bit while I admired all of the colorful flowers that surrounded the statue. The air was fresh and cool, and there were sounds of birds in the air. It was a beautiful scene, and one that was certainly a challenge to try to capture on paper.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Claire, a delightful sketch! You capture the mood of happiness and whimsy beautifully. Happy to hear the weather is cooperating, too!!!! Where's your next stop?

lori vliegen said...

you were certainly up to the challenge, because you've captured this beautifully!! great job, claire!! :)

Krista Meister said...

Hi Claire! It's a pleasure to see us posting on the same schedule about Paris! As we've been discussing recently in class about style, I wanted to tell you that I absolutely love your style, especially the trees in this sketch! You've got Pan's pose down perfectly too!

Margaret said...

This certainly raises the bar on my Paris trip! Now I'm intimidated ... LOL. Really enjoyed looking at your paintings.