Friday, May 21, 2010

EDiM8 Draw a piece of Jewelry


I decided to draw my 'comfort jewelry' -- what I go for day after day - a set of 3 simple, silver cuff bracelets. My very first silver cuff bracelet was given to me by my Grammy years ago when I was a little girl. It was a souvenir from her visit to the Grand Canyon. I still have that small bracelet in my jewelry box and I cherish it. That bracelet got me started on my fondness for these simple pieces of silver jewelry.


This sketch is the 3 bracelets that I wear on most days. The two bracelets on the right were purchased in Williamsburg a few years ago as my souvenirs from a family vacation. The bracelet on the left is a new one that I recently ordered with my own words. I'm very fond of 'quotes' and I'm always scribbling them on scraps of napkins or pieces of paper. But every now and then I ask myself why I don't have the confidence to use my own words more.... instead of always looking for someone else's words. When an opportunity came up to order a bracelet with any words I wanted -- I decided to go with my own words:  
  Find the joy in your life....


These words are a message to myself - an instruction to take the initiative to try to find the bright spots each day.   


P.S. You may notice that I like to do many things in 3's -- because I'm the mom of 3 great sons.

5 comments:

Kathy A. Johnson said...

I've heard of comfort food and comfort reads before, but not comfort jewelry! But I see how wearing something special day in and day out would provide connection (and comfort) to you. I love your bracelet's message (very much along the lines of my philosophy). Great idea.

Marthann's Musings said...

Oh I love your post Claire. How sweet. The bracelets are great also.
Happy Weekend.

Marthann's Musings said...

Claire, I was going to email this to you but could not see and address. This is my favorite saying, and it fits your blog.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting. . .e.e. cummings

Claire M said...

Kathy - 'comfort jewelry' did sound a bit corny when I wrote it last night - but I was at a loss for other words. I just find it comforting to have sort of an 'old standby' - sort of makes me feel more complete. In any case I really enjoy wearing these 3 together. Not too interesting of a sketch but it did seem to line up with EDM8.

Marthann - great quote - thanks for passing it on to me. I'll send my email in case you want it in the future.

To both of you: thanks for stopping by and have a nice day/weekend!!

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Claire - I disagree with you - this IS an interesting sketch - and quite well done. The bracelets look lovely - and I like your own words.